Thank you to all the meeting organizers, presenters, moderators and participants who attended the 2022 I-SCORE Meeting on March 31st and April 1st! Despite a change to a virtual format again, over 160 people attended from all over the world. The meeting provided a great opportunity for information-sharing and collaboration between DCP staff, program staff, and Consortia/CP-CTNet members. Highlights of the first half of the program included:
- Dr. Leslie Ford, Associate Director of Clinical Research at NCI, kicked off the meeting and expressed excitement about future advances in the field of cancer prevention.
- Dr. Eva Szabo provided an overview of both the Consortia and CP-CTNet Programs, including the science and status of the Consortia studies. For CP-CTNet, Dr. Szabo reviewed the infrastructure, active studies, approved concepts, and Program logistics.
- Consortia Clinical Trial Reports were presented by Principal Investigators and included overviews of the trial concept, status, and results, as well as shared experiences of trial conduct.
- Jessica Lockery, MBBS, PhD provided an overview regarding Diversity and Inclusion in the National Cancer Institute Early Phase Cancer Prevention Clinical Trials Program, 2013-2021.
- New this year were the Lightning Talks.
- Enhancing Trial Recruitment and Operations topics were highlighted.
- Sue Siminski, MS, MBA discussed DMACC Accomplishments and what the future holds.
The final portion of the agenda focused on Disparities in Cancer Prevention and the PREVENT Program and the Future of Cancer Prevention.
The following presenters gave very engaging talks:
- Dr. Ken Resnicow
- Dr. John Carethers
- Dr. Chinthalapally Rao
- Dr. Jennifer Bailey
- Dr. Ming You
Feedback was very positive following the meeting with many expressing how smoothly the meeting went and that the topics discussed were very relevant and showcased strong science. View the agenda from this meeting.
The meeting was a great collaboration and we are already looking forward to next year's I-SCORE 2023 Meeting which will be in-person again in Rockville, MD! Check the Updates page for upcoming information regarding the 2023 meeting when it becomes available.